GameLink and its future

Talk about GameLink and GameLink Game Events

Moderator: Moderators

GameLink and its future
07 Jul 2014 19:04

First thing to do is now to honor Roxt4r for creating the gamelink and adding the latest features which r awesome, nice work man!

I opened this thread due to the reason that nobody cares about it at all (except for a few)
So it is my intention to raise awareness for it!
Because I believe in this system like rox does
The gamelink system is barely used at the moment, ofcourse gbx´s focus is mainly on planetside, however gbx has expanded into something like a clan after opening the community page and forums because we want to expand this clan
The game link feature is a great feature with a lot of potential
The only thing stopping it is that only a few people are using it
If there were more people using this feature then we would be able to expand the clan in general

I for example got into this outfit due to planetside much like everyone else, but after a total record of 804 hours of playing, I started to loose interest in Planetside and am more interested in playing games like Borderlands, Payday or MOBA´s
The first step to make the gamelink system more popular has been done by Roxt4r!
now you are able to enter your favourite games and if someone starts a gamelink event for this game, you will get notified about it
Also a teamspeak channel is beeing created for the time the event is running!

So entering games you are willing to play with other people would be the first step helping the gamelink system to get more popular and maybe even gbx to grow ;)

Greetings, xIchBinsx

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xXxlchBlnsxXx
My Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/therealcheezburger
(not streaming or uploading videos atm)
xIchBinsx

If you lost interest in PS2, just give it a break for a few weeks and come back then. It is really great fun atm and we are achieving quite a lot. Additionally, Fin and Leo are doing an Outfit cleanup so watch out that you are not kicked for inactivity. :lol:
Kickstart

1st: didn't paid IchBins for this post ;)

But the things he mentioned are the same which drove me to create and expand the GameLink-System.

If you think further you'll recognize that PS2 will not ever be there (talking about years), preferences are moving and maybe as soon as Star Citizen, H1Z1 or any other AAA-Title will be released people will join that one. I personally don't want to loose contact to the most of you guys and this is why I wanted to create a System where you guys can publicate the games you're actually addicted to and meet with other Outfit people there.

If you lost interest in PS2, just give it a break for a few weeks and come back then. It is really great fun atm and we are achieving quite a lot. Additionally, Fin and Leo are doing an Outfit cleanup so watch out that you are not kicked for inactivity.

Hopefully that's not ment serious, it's exactly the different direction from what I was talking about above.
If there is only PS2 and nothing else, then there will be no community but only a PS2 Outfit.
r0xt4r
Site Admin

Please do not forget the emoticons when quoting me. :) The Outfit cleanup (in PS2 only!) actually takes place and is necessary.
Reinvites are of course possible. I just wanted to promote PS2 a bit. It has really changed and improved in the last weeks. So maybe some of the long-missed veterans want to give it another try.
Kickstart

I just wanted to promote PS2 a bit. It has really changed and improved in the last weeks. So maybe some of the long-missed veterans want to give it another try.

Totally understand and support that :-).
I guess I took your words wrong, so sorry for my last post :roll: .

The CleanUp in PS2 is definitely necessary, it is also natural that anybody who asks in the forums for reinvite will be invited in game. I understand why people pause on playing PS2 (myself as best example ^^), but I hope to see them in Teamspeak and start another game with them. If this will not happen, we maybe loose contact over time and that's what I want to avoid.
r0xt4r
Site Admin

Kickstart wrote:If you lost interest in PS2, just give it a break for a few weeks and come back then. It is really great fun atm and we are achieving quite a lot. Additionally, Fin and Leo are doing an Outfit cleanup so watch out that you are not kicked for inactivity. :lol:

I played a bit planetside 2 lately, but only a maximum of a hour per day so it is not really worth joining the platoon for a few minutes of playing.
Also i give planetside a try over and over again but i don´t get addicted to it again
Additionally my connection with the server is pretty bad everytime i play and it is not my fault because i don´t live far from the servers and my connection to other game servers is completely fine.
Another point would be that ceres is kind of a ghost town compared to other servers so it is not really easy to find good fights all the time.
with taking these points into account, my ps2 experience isn´t what it was when i started playing the game and i don´t enjoy playing this game that much anymore

So it is nice to be able to play other games I like with you ppl to stay in contact with gbx
And the gamelink is a great system that allows me to do that if only more ppl would be giving a fck about it

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xXxlchBlnsxXx
My Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/therealcheezburger
(not streaming or uploading videos atm)
xIchBinsx

He, I recently (finally) started playing Sir, You Are Being Hunted.
If it had a multiplayer mode done (they're working on it but it seems to be running into hitches) I'd set that up immediatly.
There's nothing like setting an alarm clock to lure robot hunters away from a building only to be discovered by one who took another route to the source of the ruckus and the frantic escape through fields, hedges, fences and finally being sure to have lost them!

Other games that I'm being informed of now are Planetary Annihilation, MWO and Star Citizen. So, if you've got one of these: set them up :)
Some people will go straight to hell.
With VIP ticket and free drinks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Smile! Life stays the same shit but it's definitely more fun!
The2ndPete

Perfect :)

Btw. Pete also add Single-Player Titles to your Gameslist (if you like to). You could also start Events for that ones and just talk about hints etc. with other people (while) playing it :).
r0xt4r
Site Admin

Seems sensible.
Although I'm certain I won't add Kerbal Space Program.
While fun fiddling and fun to watch for my son it's just not much you can talk about. "Got've been there to find that funny"-game.
Some people will go straight to hell.
With VIP ticket and free drinks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Smile! Life stays the same shit but it's definitely more fun!
The2ndPete

Understood, just wanted to advertise the System for Single-Player a bit ;)
r0xt4r
Site Admin

Next

Return to GameLink