GameLink Feature Requests/Usability

Talk about GameLink and GameLink Game Events

Moderator: Moderators

What I stumbled apon now:
- Not able to edit an scheduled event
- Timezones aren't matching locale (GMT is standard?)
- Display important information in a hover in overview (Issuer, Sub-Members, Information)
- List of all supported games
- Ability to end a game before scheduled ending
Aronyie

- Editing events would be great yes, for the moment you realised, you put the starting time down wrong. Or mybe give you the opportunity to delete it, if it hasn't started yet.
- Timezone worked for me, last time I checked, it sets it to the timezone you configured in the forum. If it doesn't work for you Aronyie, have you checked what timezone you set in the PS forum?
“Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” ― Terry Pratchett
"less complaining, more killing" ― Finilie
GBX, because banter is our weapon of choice
t0di

I can login at both forums and while the login carries over (I can login at either the old PS2 or the new one, when I change I don't have to login again) I can not create GameLink events.
For some reason the main site does not accept me logging in.
And I tried several ways to write my name: the2ndpete, , the2ndPete, The2ndpete, The2ndPete, tHe2ndpete and so on... I don't even get an error message that name and password don't match :?
It's as if the login is accepted and the moment it redirects to the GameLink site the login is lost...
Some people will go straight to hell.
With VIP ticket and free drinks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Smile! Life stays the same shit but it's definitely more fun!
The2ndPete

Hm strange, just checked it and I had no problem with it.
Do you have some strange configuration, not accepting cookies or anything else in that respect?

By the way, when I just created a new event, the "Estimated End-Time" field was blank, it only filled up, when I changed the "Duration of the Event". But as duration there is a default of 2h selected, could you make the estimated end time to mirror that on default?
“Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” ― Terry Pratchett
t0di

@Pete do you got cookies accepted on the Main-Site?
If you check the stay logged in option on login mechanism on the forums it should work. If the login on the Main-Site isn't working try to edit your password and try it again, I want to make sure that there isn't an issue in the login-mechanism on the Main-Site (username should work with lowercase "the2ndpete") regarding password-length or -chars.

@T0dy I'll add it the next time I am working on the site.
r0xt4r
Site Admin

Ooooookay.
After changing my password it works. I can still try to login with the old pass and the main site will just return to the standard screen without any message (shouldn't there be a warning that "you're using the wrong password, stupid"?) but trying the login with the changed password activates a before never seen site...
The2ndPete

Just thought about something. Is it possible to register/subscribe to a game? For example let's say I want to get an email for every event that is created for MechWarriorOnline. So I go to a page, find the game in the list and check a box. So now as soon as someone creates a new event for this game I get an email, an maybe even a reminder 30minutes before the event starts.

If that is possible right now, could someone explain to me, how to do it?
If it is not possible I hereby request this feature to be implemented :-)
t0di

That would be handy, indeed.

Edit: Seeing that I just messed up the timing for todays MWO-event it'd be quite handy to have a small field: The system is currently at (time).
The2ndPete

Hey mates :),

the features tody mentioned are allready planned (source-topic: click here) and will be linked about the profiles (gbx-outfit.com -> headbar -> "Profile") which will be available till I started/finished working on the implementation of profiles.

In the profile-section you'll be able to publicate which games you like and on which you want to subscribe for event-infos (you'll be informed via mail if anybody started a new event).

At the moment I am really busy with other stuff, so it'll not be implemented tomorrow but I'll see if I got a spare day in my holidays in july to implement these functionalities finally.

If you like to start a work around for this, here is an idea:
As far as we got threads for different games in this forum how you like the idea to start a new event-thread for each game for which events will be created and post a reply there if you started an event. Other members which wants to be informed about new events in this game could simply subscribe the thread and will be informed if someone replied (posted a new event-info) to it.
r0xt4r
Site Admin

One thing that just came to my mind:
If there is a event of one of your games, you get an email, which is great. But the email contains not a lot of information, except the Game itself, how created the event and a lot of links. But the most important information about the event (apart form which game it is ofc) for me is "when". So could you add the start- and end-date/time to the notification email? Or did you leave that out on purpose?
t0di

Next

Return to GameLink