Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 is now live!

Outfit- and General- News Section

Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 is now live!

And there are quite some updates:
  • Star Marine: The long anticipated first-person-shooter. Similar to Arena Commander just on foot, you fight either everybody-for-himself-Deathmatch, or two-teams-domination.
  • Massive ship speeds rebalance: basically all the ships had their combat speeds reduced by 50% or so, bringing combat much closer together. At the same time there was a big change of how boost and afterburner work.
  • Visual effects and UI: A lot of graphics and visual effect, as well as a large part of the UI got a big overhaul.
  • New ships: Some special variants + the Caterpillar, Harald and X85
  • Bugfixes: lots of them
  • etc...

Full patch notes are here

But it is all still alpha, so the known issues are here
“Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” ― Terry Pratchett
"less complaining, more killing" ― Finilie
GBX, because banter is our weapon of choice
t0di

Okey guys if anyone play this ggame please let me know and add me as John Amadeusz.And i'am already a member there as well.Let's just play something!
Montimer

Okey guys if anyone play this ggame please let me know and add me as John Amadeusz.And i'am already a member there as well.Let's just play something!
Montimer

I'm pretty sure there'll be some flying in Star Citizen in two-three weeks, once the Evocati-users sorted out the first batch of bugs with the CIG-folks.
Or in other words: The 3.0 is at 0 (read: zero, null, nada) game breaking bugs so it'll most likely be released to their hardcore testers in the coming week.
Those usually get 2-3 weeks for more stress testing and bug finding and then the new version goes live to everyone.
Just add Star Citizen to your GameLink and you'll get a message as soon as t0di, Baehrserker and myself are taking off.
Some people will go straight to hell.
With VIP ticket and free drinks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Smile! Life stays the same shit but it's definitely more fun!
The2ndPete

Return to News