StarCitizen Alpha 2.2.0 LIVE

Outfit- and General- News Section

I think really fiddling with all the cockpit controls that are ingame now already takes you out of combat for several seconds.
So it's best done with mouse & keyboard (which I also use in tandem with my HOTAS) after respawning or when you get some 20s distance between you and the enemy.
And then there's always the over-the-top solution of building a cockpit...
Some people will go straight to hell.
With VIP ticket and free drinks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Smile! Life stays the same shit but it's definitely more fun!
The2ndPete

Yesterday on Star Citizen 2.2.0:

I tried to land my Sabre on a Vanguard that stood on a landing bay. I advanced very slowly and carefully but as soon as touched it, the Vanguard turned into a giant fireball and send me flying.
About three seconds later I found myself very close to the rotating rings of the Crusader Space Station. Talking 'bout trampolines here. To my surprise, the Sabre didn't even have a scratch.
The side effect of the Vanguard squishing was that I got promoted to criminal rank 1. You can delete this rank by hacking (i.e. using) a terminal at the security station for one minute. Some other player killed me after 30 seconds so I cannot confirm this works. Back in my bedroom, I was locked in for 1 minute (respawn penalty).

With my new ISP, the game seems to run a little smoother. :)
Kickstart

Well, I had some interesting experience with the Freelancer regarding damage models and sources of said damage.
First flight, everything goes smooth as butter on a windowsill in August. Some trials to damage resistance with Baehrserker shooting with different weapons and shields on/off. Nothing extraordinary.
Second flight, after being fed up with some NPC pirates around a Comm Relay and deciding that bigger guns need to speak, I slowly crawl up on the wreck of the 325 I used in the life before.
Gently touch it with the Freelancers nose at about 15m/s to see how physics works on wrecks and ka-BOOM! The whole 'lancer breaks apart in pretty much every spot at once.
The only thing staying in one piece is the front section and the upper roof of the cargo bay. Everything else goes from intact to splinters in less than one second.
Impressive, but maybe someone should have a look at the impact resistance...
The2ndPete

And yesterday 2.2.1 went live.
It's a rather small patch with something about 5GB and fixing some crashes that occur when you tried to load a Revel & York hangar as well as hardpoints on ships of the 300-series not being usable.
What's kinda odd is the download times. I heard from three people (me included) that the download is listed at 5GB and timed for something between 28 days and 3 hours but finishes in less than one.
But it works, all three were able to start the client and access different hangars as well as the Revel & York.
The2ndPete

Yeah, it's quite a small patch, they had it on the PTU only for a day I think. It is supposed to fix some crashes, for me, it froze before I even reached the cockpit of my ship :-(
“Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” ― Terry Pratchett
"less complaining, more killing" ― Finilie
GBX, because banter is our weapon of choice
t0di

Damn, all those updates, just got an email from my ISP that I have already used up 240 of my 300 GB.
But luckily the calculation period doesn't match up with the normal months, so I probably don't have to wait until March for the next 300 GB.
“Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” ― Terry Pratchett
t0di

Hey, guess what?
2.2.2 went life somewhere around midnight (CET) and now there's another 4.something GB download.
Which now took me less than an hour to download with download speeds for the most part of it being below 1MB/s.
Seem like they did break the calculation on patch size and download speed/time?
The2ndPete

Hey guys add me as friend if you can John Amadeus is the here.John is my real name in english.
Montimer

Couldn't find you, can you post a link to your profile, like https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/DoctorD
t0di

Previous

Return to News