Star Wars Battlefront - Anyone ?

Outfit- and General- News Section

Will you play Star Wars Battlefront (2015)?

Yes
36%
No
18%
Maybe, unsure at the moment.
45%

Total votes : 11

Time for a Poll as I guess there are more Members that are interested in Star Wars Battlefront.

Just click on the Subject of this News and drop a vote and a line to the Thread.

Click here to add Star Wars Battlefront to your GameLink Games-List (you'll be informed about Events by E-Mail then).
r0xt4r
Site Admin

... First ;-) ...and yes I'll get it :mrgreen:
r0xt4r
Site Admin

Maybe, not sure as i hear way too many different opinions.

The movie though: cant wait ;)
Finilie

Somehow I cannot vote but I am looking forward to the movie as well.
The game looks awesome (maybe too awesome for my machine) but the battles seem to be rather small scaled. Maybe I will try the open beta when I find some time.
Kickstart

Sorry, Rights were not set right. Poll-voting now should be possible.
r0xt4r
Site Admin

Voted yes, but I mean downloading beta- testing and will decide then.
Scootdor

Just played 2 quick single player matches... wow! really fun, will try out the MP and let you know... hell its free! (for now!)
RobWestcott

Yeah, and it's another Origin-exclusive because everybody wants another download client for ...10 games?
It's not the hardware requirements of the thing running in the background, as these are negligible, it's the stubbornness to say: Our games? Our client or no play! FU customer! ...ranting of a steam friend :P

As for Battlefront: It sure looks amazing.
But it also looks a good deal too casual for my taste. I don't want a full scale Covert Ops "realism" in my scifi battles but for now it just looks so console that I'm not quite sure if it'd hold up for more than 2h of play before I start loosing interest.
Some people will go straight to hell.
With VIP ticket and free drinks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Smile! Life stays the same shit but it's definitely more fun!
The2ndPete

The2ndPete wrote:As for Battlefront: It sure looks amazing.
But it also looks a good deal too casual for my taste. I don't want a full scale Covert Ops "realism" in my scifi battles but for now it just looks so console that I'm not quite sure if it'd hold up for more than 2h of play before I start loosing interest.

I dont think I will pay 60 EUR for the full retail but the free beta is a lot of (casual) fun. It feels and looks a lot like SWBF II with much better graphics and a bit larger maps. It runs flawless on my machine in high settings, it never crashed and there are very few bugs I found. The beginning is a bit tedius until you have unlocked the basic stuff. Only annoying thing are the tons of hackers. Most are rather subtle and some are jumping all over the map headshotting everyone in sight, resulting in a score of 432/1 where 50/10 is pretty much amazing. They have a cheat ban program running and it bans players rather frequently but the hackers just keep coming back.
Another not aso optimal thing is the multiplayer match-making system. After one match has finished, you can automatically join the next match. The problem is that you are then pitted against the same players with switched factions (which both play 99% identical btw). That means you are either always winning team or always losing. Probability is high that you are placed with the "losers" from the start since players will rather leave the losing team than the winning one. And there are players leaving very early in a match which often leads to un-even numbers (4 vs 7 e.g.). :(

TL;DR If you liked Star Wars Battlfront II, you should give the open beta a try.
Kickstart

Little summary of the game itself:
Basically, it does not matter if you play Empire or Rebels, both factions are playing identical with the same weapons etc.
Before spawning, you can choose one of four weapons which will be your primary weapon. This weapon has unlimited ammo but overheats in auto-fire. Instead of a secondary weapon, you can choose a "hand" of 3 from 7 different "cards". The cards include grenades, a jetpack, a sniper rifle, a personal shield etc. The cards are special abilities that have a cooldown so there is no dedicated sniper (in fact, no classes at all) and not too much grenade spam.

In multiplayer, there are two types of matches. One is a big battle re-enacting the Battle of Hoth from Ep. V. You play 20 vs 20 on a rather large map with some "objectives".
The second type is a 8 vs 8 point control game. The map is small but not too small. Fighting is fast-paced and concentrates around the escape pods (i. e. control points).

In all maps there are power-ups which you can pick up. The power-ups include heavy grenades, proxy mines, orbital strikes (very powerful), blaster turrets (all battles). In Hoth you additionally can have: automated AV and AI turrets, flying fighter ships (X-Wing, TIE fighter etc), get an AT-ST, take control of an AT-AT for some time, or play as Darth Vader / Luke Skywalker. Flying is similar to Planetside 2 (at least in terms of me not being able to fly straight for more than 5 meters and others sniping infantry from a distance). You can only carry one power-up at a time and some have a time limit to be activated.
Kickstart

Next

Return to News