Concept Sale: The MISC Hull series

Outfit- and General- News Section

Yesterday the concept sale of the MISC Hull series ships started, five cargo ships from A to E in different sizes and price ranges. The LTI concept versions are available until Monday 4th of May from 60$ (for an A) to 550$ (for an B) + VAT.
They are a bit sparse with the information, for example it is not clear how much cargo can actually be stored in this ships, but it will be quite a lot :-)
There is some nice concept art on the page, so have a look. These might be the ships for ppl who want a less combat orientated experience in StarCitizen.
“Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” ― Terry Pratchett
"less complaining, more killing" ― Finilie
GBX, because banter is our weapon of choice
t0di

Wow! Cool! The morphing video to retract the cargo carrying modules is pretty slick...

Definately something GBX/Firebird should consider investing in ingame.

edit: See here for more dope on cargo and handling https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Design-Cargo-Interaction
RobWestcott

I do admit: I'm torn.
The Hulls look nice for a quiet trip but then I prefer having some armor between me, my cargo and the outside. And guns, preferably enough of them to make a pirate think twice...
But then they're not so overly expensive as I'd have thought they'd be. And not too ugly either...
Some people will go straight to hell.
With VIP ticket and free drinks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Smile! Life stays the same shit but it's definitely more fun!
The2ndPete

Beginning from the Hull-C there are some guns on this ships. :D

And there is some nice information about the cargo capacities. The Hull-A has 75 SCUs (Standard Carog Units) and the Hull-E more than 150,000. The Hull-C has 4,800. The is some design concept about cargo that loos pretty neat and explains how cargo is supposed to be handled ingame. Beware, this is the designers' idea of cargo handling, implementation will probably make this a lot less spectacular. Just imagine your cargo container gets damaged and your system has to calculate several thousand free-flying objects in space -> GPU meltdown... ;)

What keeps me from getting one is another thing. Since the LTI (for me the only reason to get a ship before the game starts) covers only the ship and it is said that the the cargo on the HUll-E can be of more worth than the ship itself I am really shying away to spend that kind of money. I think I will get a hauler in the PU for ingame money. I just had to remind myself that this is a viable option and you dont need to pledge for this ships to fly them...
Kickstart

Yeah, valid point.
With most ships the cargo won't be worth a multiple of the ship price so your next-of-kin (next char after the untimely demise of MyCharNo.3) can start over without being neck deep in debt...
The2ndPete

Apparently there are a LOT of questions about the different Hulls and so RSI started a "Hull a Day" series in which they answer the most prominent questions to the various hulls.
Most interesting so far was the "definitive final list" of cargo space in m³ and Standard Cargo Units with updates to the stats of some existing ships, found here in the Hull B questions.
The2ndPete

[quote="The2ndPete"]Apparently there are a LOT of questions about the different Hulls and so RSI started a "Hull a Day" series in which they answer the most prominent questions to the various hulls.
Most interesting so far was the "definitive final list" of cargo space in m³ and Standard Cargo Units with updates to the stats of some existing ships, found [url=https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14684-Hull-B]here[/url] in the Hull B questions.[/quote]

This affected the other ships as well and some part was contradictionary to what was stated in the beginning of the sale.
Anyway I got a Hull A for no good reason. :D
Kickstart

Kickstart wrote:This affected the other ships as well and some part was contradictionary to what was stated in the beginning of the sale.

Well, it's all a WIP, and changes are to be expected. Like the main thrusters of the Freelancer disappearing, leaving a thruster-shaped, dark hole in the engine nacelles...
I think it's nice that they now nailed down the cargo values*.

Anyway I got a Hull A for no good reason. :D

I know that. Was thinking about getting an A just for a cross-chassis upgrade later.
Then looked at my Hangar:
Small cargo ship = Aurora LX.
Medium cargo ship = Freelancer.
Large armed transport = Constellation.
Fighter = 300i.
Racing for fun = Mustang Gamma.

So, why should I get one?
Especially since I once more forgot:
Luxury cruiser = Origin Jump.

But then: dedicated cargo hauling.
Cargo that's worth more than the ship. Hmm...

*nothing CIG does is final until the game is declared finished. After that point the existing hulls will be final and only the "new 2948 Aurora CL with even MORE cargo space in the same rugged frame" will change values.
The2ndPete

I hope you'll invite me one day on a trip on the 890. With free drinks and VIP tickets, destination can also be taken from your signature (if you ever change your signature, no one will understand this comment...)
Kickstart

LOL!

Sure thing.
When the 890 finally is in the hangar we'll be able to visit other folks dens so I'd be happy to invite you over for a tour even before the engines warm up :)
The2ndPete

Return to News