Star Citizen Patch 1.1.0 is coming

Outfit- and General- News Section

Probably tomorrow the latest patch of Star Citizen will be released. Apart from a lot of smaller changes here and there like the introduction of a reworked damage system and more controller options like customisable joystick-curves, there will be two/three big new things:
1. Introduction of RECs, which is a kind of virtual currency you can earn by playing the game and use to rent new equipment like ships and guns. It won't be buying, so the stuff will not be transferred into the PU when it is released (like things you buy with real money), but it will give you the chance to test out new things without the need of spending hard dollars (or euros).
2. The social-module will be released giving you the possibility to visit your friends hangars. Which sounds like a small thing in itself, it is the first step to multi-crew ships and the FPS module which will probably be released later this month.
3. The Gladius will probably be flight ready with this patch, which means a new big fighter/bomber in the game to go head on head with the all present Hornet.
Last edited by t0di on 10 Mar 2015 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
“Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” ― Terry Pratchett
"less complaining, more killing" ― Finilie
GBX, because banter is our weapon of choice
t0di

Since my PC is still held hostage by German Law Enforcement I will most likely miss this... :(
Kickstart

What...?
“Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” ― Terry Pratchett
t0di

Never mind, nothing to discuss in public. ;) Just know that my absence from PS2 and SC and Space Engineers will continue for a while. Good thing is I will be on vacation next week lying on the beach and diving in the Red Sea. :D
Kickstart

Finally my Tally, they forgot that in the PTU Weeeee .

If anybody is searching for me ..i will be masturbating to my tally Cheers
Warthog

Funny, I tried to start the update this morning and the launcher said I was up to date, did they delay the patch or am I at the back of the que :shock: ?

Update looks good and with the Retaliator relaunch, I'm so keen on spending money on that ship!
RobWestcott

They said "probably Tuesday", after they had planned originally for Monday. But you know them and their release dates... So I guess they weren't happy with it, it's a big patch after all. it will come in ether next days.
t0di

And it might be that you have to activate the PTU first. Somewhere in the advanced settings or so, I'll look when I'm done with preparing lunch and watching this episode of Blacklist. Cool show when you like the dark shadowy man pulling strings in the back.
Some people will go straight to hell.
With VIP ticket and free drinks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Smile! Life stays the same shit but it's definitely more fun!
The2ndPete

No, on the PTU the patch is out for two weeks now, they wanted to launch it for the normal client this week.
t0di

Yeah, but as of this noon the normal AC is still at version 1.0.3.
Maybe later today, or next week. Will be sweet to see other folks hangars and especially the ships :)
Some people will go straight to hell.
With VIP ticket and free drinks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Smile! Life stays the same shit but it's definitely more fun!
The2ndPete

Next

Return to News